The inaugural MiamiWeb3 Summit, which debuted November 28th-30th, 2022, ended with roaring applause in the sold-out venue of the InterContinental Miami Hotel. With nearly 1,500 guests in attendance, MiamiWeb3 was one of the most successful institutional Web3 events, primarily resulting from its all-star speaker lineup, enlightening topics, and full networking sessions.
The MiamiWeb3 Summit, co-organized by the City of Miami, CTH Group, and Atlas, featured heavy-hitting speakers covering nearly the entire spectrum of Web3. Tim Draper, Founding Partner of Draper Associates and Anthony “Pomp” Pompliano of Pomp Investments shared their views on the future of the industry, highlighting its disruptive potential, while visionary policymakers Mayor of Miami Francis Suarez, Senator of Wyoming Cynthia Lummis and Executive Director of the Blockchain Association Kristin Smithgave guests a rare glimpse into their thoughts around Web3 and crypto policy, emphasizing the need for benchmark regulations.
Traditional financial institutions, including S&P Global, Franklin Templeton, Neuberger Berman joined the stage as well, with senior leaders Chuck Mounts, Kevin Farrelly, and Derek Devens, sharing that they believe Web3 and crypto are here to stay and that Web3 technologies have the potential to provide real value to users.
Beyond Finance and Policy, Bill Kramer, CEO of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences explored the unique opportunities surrounding how Web3 could further transform the changing world of entertainment.
A Web3 summit is not complete without Web3-native superstars: Julian Holguin, CEO of Doodles, a hugely successful non-fungible token (NFT) collection now leading the foray into music NFTs, joined MiamiWeb3 to discuss innovation and healthy disruptive growth. Later, David S. Bennahum, CEO of Ready Games, a leading Web3 gaming infrastructure company, which is also a portfolio company of Fundamental Labs affiliated to CTH Group explained how game developers could transition their Web2 games into Web3 to tap into the massive potential that Web3 unlocks.
Raymond Yuan, Chairman and Founder of CTH Group and Atlas, the Web3 visionary who made MiamiWeb3 possible, shared his views on the current market “winter.” He urged the Web3 community to continue to build and focus on value creation, emphasizing that Web3 is still a young industry with huge potential to profoundly impact the world.
MiamiWeb3 featured over 100 leading speakers, covering nearly every angle of Web3, including,
- Jim Esposito, Chief Operating Office of MoonPay
- Daniel Schoenberger, Chief Legal Officer of Web3 Foundation
- John D’Agostino, Senior Advisor, Coinbase Institutional
- Nic Carter, General Partner, Castle Island Ventures
- Derek Devens, Managing Director & Sr. Portfolio Manager, Neuberger Berman
- Nicole Valentine, FinTech Director, Center for Financial Markets, Milken Institute
- Benedict Cooney, Deputy Executive Director, Technology & Public Policy, Tony Blair Institute
- Josh Lipsky, Senior Director, GeoEconomics Center, Atlantic Council
- Mike McGlone, Senior Commodity Strategist, Bloomberg Intelligence
- Sandy Carter, SVP, Unstoppable Domains
- Julian Holguin, CEO of Doodles
- Jennifer Choi, VP, Strategic Initiatives & Growth Planning, Atlanta Hawks & State Farm Arena
For more information, visit MiamiWeb3.com and follow MiamiWeb3 on Twitter for news and announcements about future events!